Sunday, July 22, 2012

Praying the Rule


                     Oh Lord, our God, I intend to make present the charism of my Seraphic Father Francis in the life and mission of the Church.  In life-giving union with my brothers and sisters, I offer myself as the means of living the Gospel in the manner of St Francis by the Secular Franciscan Rule.  Help me, I pray, so that daily I may:

·         Go from gospel to life and from life to the gospel (Art. 4)
·         Seek Jesus Christ in my brothers and sisters. (Art. 5)
·         Go forth to witness and become an instrument of the Church's mission. (Art. 6)
·         Conform my thoughts and deeds to those of Christ. (Art. 7)
·         Let prayer and contemplation be the soul of who I am and what I do. (Art. 8)
·         Imitate the Virgin Mary's complete self-giving by her openness to your every word and call. (Art. 9)
·         Faithfully fulfill the duties proper to my circumstances in life. (Art. 10)
·         Seek the proper spirit of detachment and purify of heart. (Art. 11)
·         Set myself free to love God and my brothers and sisters. (Art. 12)
·         Accept all people as a gift from God. (Art. 13)
·         Exercise responsibility in the Christian spirit of service. (Art. 14)
·         Promote justice by the testimony of my life. (Art. 15)
·         Esteem work as a gift. (Art. 16)
·         Cultivate the Franciscan spirit of peace, fidelity and respect for life. (Art. 17)
·         Respect all creation. (Art. 18)
·         Be a bearer of peace and a messenger of perfect joy. (Art. 19)

This I ask through Jesus Christ, my Lord and Brother.  Amen

Adapted from the Saint Pio of Pietrelcina Fraternity

No comments: