It doesn’t make any difference whether you go to church regularly, or used to go, or never went at all; you have to think about God and your future sometime. You never know when you have to reach out for a friend or family member for help or comfort. Don’t forget about God. He never forgets about you!
God, when I received this note, I thought, I don't have time for this. And, this is really inappropriate during working hours. Then, I realized that this kind of thinking is exactly what has caused so many problems in our world today.
We try to keep God in church on Sunday morning, and maybe, Sunday night. We do like to have Him around during sickness; and, of course, at funerals. However, we don't have time, nor room, for Him during work or play because that's the part of our lives we think we can, and should, handle on our own.
May God forgive me for ever thinking that there is a time or place where He is not first in my life.
We should always have time to remember all He has done for us. Jesus said, 'If you are ashamed of me, I will be ashamed of you before my Father.' Not ashamed? Yes, I do love God for He is my source of existence and my Savior. He keeps me functioning each and every day. Without Him, I would be nothing. But, with Christ, He strengthens me. (Phil 4:13)
Easy vs. Hard
1. Why is it so hard to tell the truth, yet so easy to tell a lie?
2. Why are we so sleepy in church but right when the sermon is over we suddenly wake up?
3. Why is it so easy to delete a Godly e-mail, and yet forward all the nasty ones?
4. Isn't it funny how simple it is for people to trash God and then wonder why the world's going to hell.
5. Isn't it funny how someone can say 'I believe in God' but still follow Satan (who, by the way, 'believes' in God).
6. Isn't it funny how you can send a thousand jokes through e-mail and they spread like wildfire, but when you start sending messages regarding the Lord, people think twice about sharing?
7. Isn't it funny how I can be more worried about what other people think of me than what God thinks of me.
Of all the free gifts we may receive, Prayer is the very best one. There are no costs, but wonderful rewards.