Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Lord’s Clinic

I went to the Lord’s Clinic to have my routine check-up and I confirmed I was ill.
• When Jesus took my blood pressure, He saw I was low in tenderness.
• When He read my temperature, the thermometer registered 40o of anxiety.
• He ran an electrocardiogram and found that I needed several “love bypasses” since my arteries werer blocked with loneliness and could not provide for an empty heart.
• I went to orthopedics, because I could not walk by my brother’s side and I could not hug my friends, since I had fracture myself when tripping with envy.
• He also found I was short-sighted, since I could not see beyond the shortcomings of my brothers and sisters.
• When I complained about deafness, the diagnostic was that I had stopped listening to Jesus’ voice talking to me on a daily basis.
• For all of that, Jesus gave me a free consultation thanks to His mercifulness, so my pledge is to, once I leave this clinic, only take the natural remedies He prescribed through His words of truth:

1. Every morning, take a full glass of gratitude.
2. When going to work, take one spoon of peace.
3. Every hours, take one pill of patience, with a cup of brotherhood and a glass of humility.
4. On getting home, take one dose of love.
5. And on retiring, take two caplets of clear conscience.

I am not to give into sadness or desperation, for what has happened today.
God knows how I feel.
God knows exactly what is being allowed to happen to me at this precise moment.
God’s purpose for me is simply perfect.
He wants to show me things that only I will understand by living and being in the place I am right now.

So may God give me
For every storm, a rainbow,
For every tear, a smile,
For every care, a promise,
And a blessing in each trial.
For every problem life sends,
a faithful friend to share,
For every sigh, a sweet song,
And an answer for each prayer.

No comments: